Native Focused 40-Hour Sexual Assault Advocacy Training
Through the Teachings of our Grandmothers:
Native-focused, 40-Hour Sexual Assault Advocacy Curriculum
Our next VIRTUAL and FREE offering is July 5th – 28th, 2022
each Tuesday and Thursday, 12:30pm to 4:30pm CST.
*ASL Interpreters Provided*
Our Native-focused, 40-Hour Sexual Assault Advocacy Curriculum was created by Native women experts in the field. It is designed for Tribal communities, and non-Native service providers working with and for Native people who have been impacted by sexual violence.
The goal of this Native-focused curriculum is to provide new and seasoned advocates with knowledge and skills they need to provide culturally responsive, survivor-centered advocacy for victims/survivors of sexual violence.
This curriculum meets the requirements of the State of Minnesota, Statute 595.02 to ensure communication between advocates and victims of sexual assault is considered privileged information.
This curriculum may also be used for Tribal advocates in states other than Minnesota
Our Free Training Includes:
- Fundamentals of Sexual Assault Advocacy
- Sexual Violence in Indian Country
- Sex Offenders-What Advocates Need to Know
- Core Skills of Advocacy
- Social Change Advocacy
- SARTS-Sexual Assault Response Teams
- Advocacy Self Care and Burnout
- Medical Response
- Law Enforcement Response
- Prosecution of Sexual Assault
- Mental Health- Basic Info for Advocates
- Sexual Assault Victimization
- Impact of Sexual Assault
- Advocacy for LGBTQ/Two Spirit
- Elder Abuse
- Adolescent and Child Sexual Abuse
- Prostitution and Trafficking
- Sexual Assault by Self-Proclaimed Spiritual Leaders
- Sexual Harassment
- Policies and Practices